Sunday, February 23, 2014
Friday, February 21, 2014
Cancel the philosophy courses, people. Oh, and we're going to be shuttering the political science, religion and pre-law departments too. We'll keep some of the English and history folks on for a while longer, but they should probably keep their resumes handy.
Because, you see, they are of no use anymore. We have the answers to the big questions, so why keep pretending there's anything left to discuss?
At least that's where Erin Ching, a student at Swarthmore College, seems to be coming down. Her school invited a famous left-wing Princeton professor, Cornel West, and a famous right-wing Princeton professor, Robert George, to have a debate. The two men are friends, and by all accounts they had an utterly civil exchange of ideas. But that only made the whole thing even more outrageous.
"What really bothered me is, the whole idea is that at a liberal arts college, we need to be hearing a diversity of opinion," Ching told the Daily Gazette, the school's newspaper. "I don't think we should be tolerating [George's] conservative views because that dominant culture embeds these deep inequalities in our society."
Swarthmore must be so proud.
Over at Harvard, another young lady has similar views. Harvard Crimson editorial writer Sandra Y.L. Korn recently called for getting rid of academic freedom in favor of something called "academic justice."
"If our university community opposes racism, sexism and heterosexism, why should we put up with research that counters our goals simply in the name of 'academic freedom'?" Korn asks.
Helpfully, she answers her own question: "When an academic community observes research promoting or justifying oppression, it should ensure that this research does not continue."
One could easily dismiss these students as part of that long and glorious American tradition of smart young people saying stupid things. As Oscar Wilde remarked, "In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience."
But we all know that this nonsense didn't spring ex nihilo from their imaginations. As Allan Bloom showed a quarter century ago in "The Closing of the American Mind," these ideas are taught.
Indeed, we are now up to our knees in this Orwellian bilge. Diversity means conformity.
Let me invoke personal privilege by citing a slightly dated example. When the Los Angeles Times picked me up as a columnist in 2005, Barbra Streisand publicly canceled her subscription in protest (I'm proud to say). You see, Streisand's friend, iconic left-wing columnist Robert Scheer, had been let go. And I was one of the new columnists brought on board. This was an outrage.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
If you’re a conservative, you don't need to silence the opposition.
In fact, we conservatives want liberals to talk, to make buffoons of themselves, to prove their folly. We want liberals to expound upon their ridiculous ideas, to show the world exactly what they're about. Nancy Pelosi? Give that tiresome woman a microphone. Chatty liberals are the best advertisement for conservatism.
But liberals just can’t have conservatives speaking. We’ll tell the truth, and that’s why liberals need to shut us up.
Their traditional intimidation tactics are wearing out. Calling someone a “racist” used to be a devastating moral indictment. Liberals’ promiscuous employment of the word first turned it into a cliché and then into an ironic punchline.
I know, saying that out loud is racist. And sexist. And cisgender heteronormative, whatever the hell that means.
So now liberals have stepped up to formal governmental repression. Take the IRS scandal – or ex-scandal, in the eyes of the mainstream media. The Obama administration, at the urging of red state Democrat senators who are about to lose their seats because of their track records of failure, are doing everything they can to turn the taxman loose on the organizations that are pointing out their track records of failure.
Sure, the liberals come up with excuses, with justifications, with rationales for thisprima facie oppression. But understand that the left was never against political repression. The left is only against being repressed itself.
It’s open season on everyone else. Don't dare bow down to god whose name isn’t spelled "G – O – V – E – R – N – M – E – N – T." Today’s heretic hunters work for Kathleen Sebelius, ready to burn you at the stake for expecting grown men and women to come up with the dough for their own contraceptives. No one expects the HHS Inquisition!
The Federal Communications Commission just floated a trial balloon about going out to radio and television stations to evaluate reporters on how they cover the news. There was a time when journalists' response to a government inquiry into how they did their job would be "Go to hell, you goose-stepping bureaucratic flunky."
Not anymore. Now, their response is slavish submission to their progressive governmental dominatrix. When supposedly independent, iconoclastic liberal journalists let themselves to be dominated by the feds, their safeword is “Hillary.”
Liberalism has to muzzle the truth because it operates on lies. It is built on lies, fueled by lies, and creates an empire of lies.
Look at the Obamacare scam. Liberals don't even blink at the fact that its foundational premise that if you liked your health care, you could keep it, was a lie. They’re not even offended by the lie. They’re offended that we point out that it was a lie.
Now the same people who got us into this mess are telling us we should go along and trust them to fix the same damn problem that they created in the first place. Liberals are the Lucys of American politics, holding the football and promising that this time it’ll be different. We need to stop being the Charlie Browns.
In the Senate, liberals toss traditions like the filibuster out the window for political expediency. The president creates his own laws or changes ones that are already in place on a whim. There are no norms, there are no standards. Everything is a short-term political gambit, and little things like the Constitution are just obstacles to progress.
How does all this end well? It doesn't. It can't. That is, unless the American people come to their senses and demand that the Constitution, as it is written, be respected. That change come through the political process, through persuasion rather than diktat.
But if that doesn't happen, what then? What becomes of our system? How do we act when we take power again? Should we also ignore those same principles that we seek to reaffirm in order to reaffirm them?
Does the next Republican president simply announce that he's repealing Obamacare by executive order? Does he simply refuse to implement other laws we dislike? Does he refuse to collect foolish taxes? Does he use his prosecutorial discretion to decide to refuse to prosecute his allies? Is that what we want?
No, it is not what we want, but it may be what we get. We are not ones for unilateral disarmament. Our constitutional system is not a suicide pact, as many have observed. The liberals aren't going to like it when we apply the same ruthlessness to them.
If the rules of the game are now that there are no rules, then the only political currency is raw power. But we know what happens when there are no rules, where pure power is the sole measure of right and wrong. I served in countries like that. They are full of mass graves
The American system’s strength is not that everyone always wins. It is that the system cultivates our ability to lose gracefully, to understand that you were heard, that you had your say, that there was a process, and that you lost fair and square. It sustains itself by reinforcing its own legitimacy.
But if your losses aren’t fair, if you haven't been heard, if the rules have been bent or broken or ignored, that crucial legitimacy is gone. And then there are no rules to respect.
What keeps this grand experiment in freedom going is that we honored, at least until now, our Constitution’s boundaries. Sure, we pushed at the edges, nudged the envelope, sometimes fudged the line, but what is happening now is different. What's happening now is that the line is being erased.
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Having liberals claim that someone else is waging a "war on women" is like Anteaters claiming Ladybugs are making war on ants. Not only is the Left much more unfriendly to women than the Right, liberals are actually leaving a body count behind.
1) The Party of Infanticide: The liberals’ whole "safe, legal and rare" abortion shtick has gone by the wayside and they've moved on to "Any reason's a good reason." Just this week, Iowa Democratic State Representative Beth Wessel-Kroeschell advocated aborting children to avoid "sleepless nights" and avoid "disciplinary challenges."Even the Aztecs weren't as zealous about sacrificing children as the modern Left has become and the carnage it’s left in its wake is comparable to any of history's greatest monsters. More than 28 million female babies have been snuffed out since Roe v. Wade. That's 28 million women who will never get to pretend to be a princess, ask their mother for advice or fall in love and get married. All of those poor girls were slaughtered like cattle and disposed of like garbage because of the same people who claim Republicans are waging a "war on women."
2) Excusing Horrible Liberal Behavior Toward Women: Ted Kennedy left a woman to slowly die in a tidal pool while he went home to sober up and plan to get away with his crime. Liberals loved him. As we speak, Massachusetts Rep. Carlos Henrique is in jail for beating his girlfriend and the New England Area Conference of the NAACP is fighting to keep him from being expelled from the state legislature. Bill Clinton has not only cheated on his wife over and over, he was credibly accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick. That has not given a single liberal pause. Roman Polanski is a liberal filmmaker who was convicted of raping a 13 year old girl and yet liberals defend him. What was it Whoopi Goldbergsaid? "I know it wasn’t rape-rape. I think it was something else, but I don’t believe it was rape-rape." The reason it wasn't "rape-rape" in her mind is because a prominent liberal man was involved. If everyone from MSNBC to the NAACP to NOW are willing to side with men who leave women to die, men who beat their girlfriends, and rapists over the women they victimize, what does that really tell you about liberals?
3) Demeaning Stay-At-Home Moms: Liberals insult, demean and degrade stay-at-home moms on a regular basis. How dare they treat women with contempt simply because they CHOOSE to stay home and take care of their children? For example, Democrat Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema has said, "These women who act like staying at home, leeching off their husbands or boyfriends, and just cashing the checks is some sort of feminism because they’re choosing to live that life. That’s bull****. I mean, what the f*** are we really talking about here?"Recently, liberal blogger Amy Glass at Thought Catalog wrote a whole article mocking stay-at-home moms called, "I look down on young women with husbands and kids and I’m not sorry." Even in the last election, when Democrats were pushing the "war on women" meme, Democrat strategist Hillary Rosen slammed Ann Romney for being a stay-at-home mom while Barack Obama himself has said staying at home to raise children isn't real "work." Conservatives support women, whether they want to work or stay at home. Liberals don't -- and their utter contempt for stay-at-home moms is just as disgusting as it is revealing.
4) Savage Attacks On Conservative Women: If only liberals hated Al-Qaeda with the same burning passion "that they feel towards well known conservative women," the world would be a better place. Just listen to the comments they make about strong, conservative women like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin. They've attacked Sarah Palin's children and Bachmann's husband, called Coulter a transvestite and used racial slurs against Malkin. They've done hate **** lists, demeaning articles on who Christine O'Donnell may have made out with at a Halloween party, Malkin had to move because she had so many threats, well known liberal writers spent YEARS claiming Sarah Palin faked her pregnancy with her son Trig -- it's just a bottomless well of outright hatred and misogyny. The worst day Hillary Clinton or Sandra Fluke has ever had is like an average Tuesday for one of these women.
5) Helping criminals By Disarming Women: At least a 200 pound man has a puncher's chance against a criminal who wants to hurt him, but a 120 pound woman is nothing but a victim in the same situation. For a woman, having a gun may be the difference between staying in control or being at a thug's mercy, between getting a good scare and getting raped, between seeing her child again and being left dead in a ditch. Yet, liberals believe that a woman trapped in a dark alley by some Ted Bundy wannabe carrying a scalpel, handcuffs, and a noose should be stripped of her ability to defend herself. Colorado Democrat Rep. Joe Salazar actually suggested that women can't be trusted with guns "because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop around at somebody." The University of Colorado even went so far as to suggest to women that "vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone." The best friends the stalker, violent ex-boyfriend, and rapist have are pro-gun-control liberals who are hell-bent on making sure women can't defend themselves.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Monday, February 10, 2014
- General Introduction for Non-Believers: Part 1, Are Your Beliefs Consistent with Your Worldview?
- Is God Real? Does Science Answer "Is There a God?"
- Is Christianity True? Evidence for the Truth of the Christian Religion Can religious belief be tested?
- Missing the Obvious - Have you checked your tent lately?
- Was Jesus God? The evidence for the deity of Jesus of Nazareth
- Ultimate Atheist Challenge: I Can Design a Better Universe Than God Did! Are you an atheist who thinks the Christian God is a bad designer and that this site is lame? We want to publish your best design ideas that show how stupid we are. We double dare you! No, we triple dog dare you!
- Why Does This Site Quote So Many Bible Verses? I Don't Believe the Bible Anyway If you are an atheist intent on destroying Christianity, you must argue against the God of the Bible, not some generic god.
- What Is Christianity? - Or what it should be.
- If God Created Everything, Who Created God? If God can be eternal, why not the universe?
- What will happen to the people who have never heard of Jesus Christ? - Will they all burn in hell?
- What about atrocities that have been done in the name of religion? - Yes, so-called "Christians" have done evil things in the name of God. However, atheists have killed many times more people than these "Christians." Does that mean that atheism is false?
- A Loving God Would Not Send Billions of People to Hell, Would He? - Would a loving God force people to spend eternity with Him?
- Why Would God Create a Person Who Would be Destined for Hell? - A loaded question surrounded by invalid assumptions
- Did God Commit Atrocities by Ordering the Killing of Entire Cities of People? What about all the "innocent" people God has killed?
- The Mercy of God as Found in the Old Testament - A crazy idea that the God of the Old Testament is merciful?
- Why Would God "visit the iniquity of the fathers on the children unto the third and the fourth generation"? - Isn't it evil to punish innocent children for the sins of their fathers and grandfathers?
- Why Wouldn't God Want Adam and Eve to Have Knowledge of Good and Evil? Did God setup Adam and Eve to fail? What's wrong with knowledge?
- It Isn't Fair That God Judges People Who are Born Into Buddhist, Hindu or Other Non-Christian Homes - Then God wasn't "fair" to the author of this site!
- Why Does God Hate Amputees? Or, Why Does God Love Marshall Brain? God never heals amputees?
- Do Sociopaths (People with Antisocial Personality Disorder) Disprove the Existence of God? - Why would God create an individual who couldn't distinguish good from evil and then condemn him because of that condition?
- Thou Shall Not Kill- Does God Violate His Own Commandment? Since God ordered the destruction of entire cities, wasn't He being a hypocrite?
- Does the Bible Say God Repents From Doing Evil? Skeptics claim that since God knows everything He should never have to repent from anything. However, the King James version clearly says that God repented. Did God really change His mind?
- If God is Jealous Doesn't That Make Him the Divine Hypocrite? - If jealousy is a sin and God is jealous, doesn't that make Him a sinner?
- God's Chosen People, the Jews: Isn't God Unfair in Showing Such Preference? If giving preferential treatment to a group of people is a sin, why isn't God a sinner since He chose the Jews?
- If God is Omnipotent (All Powerful) Why Did He Need to Rest on the Seventh Day? - Would a real God really need to take a break after creating the universe?
- Did God have a wife? Asherah Worship in Israel - Yes, there really is evidence for polytheism in Israel, since the Bible says it was practiced by the Israelites.
- Prince of Peace - What Peace? - Did Jesus fail to fulfill His role as the Prince of Peace?
- God and War: What the Bible Says About the Just War Theory - Does God condone war? If so, under what circumstances?
- There is Too Much Evil and Suffering For God to Exist? - Why moral evil fulfills the purposes of God
- Where is God When Bad Things Happen? Why Natural Evil Must Exist - Contrary to skeptical claims, nearly all "natural evil" isrequired for life to exist at all.
- Is it Possible for God to Provide 'Partial Free Will' and Eliminate All Evil? - A practical examination of the possibility of eliminating evil, while still allowing free will.
- Haiti Earthquake Kills Over 200,000: Where was God? Was God missing in action or was the death toll caused by human sin?
- Where was God During the World Trade Center Attack? - Wouldn't a loving God have prevented such evil?
- Southeast Asia Earthquake and Tsunami- Where was God? - Are atheistic alternatives to the earth's design reasonable?
- The Professor Teaches About Evil and Christianity - A lesson why evil is not created by God, even though God created all things.
- Did God Create Evil - Does the Bible Say So? The good old King James Version Bible says so, so it must be true!
- Original Sin - Are We Condemned by the Sin of Adam and Eve? It obviously would not be fair if we are all condemned because of what our ancient ancestors did.
- If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? Surely a benevolent God would have granted world peace by now?
- Do Sociopaths (Antisocial Personality Disorder) Disprove the Existence of God? - Why would God create a person who couldn't distinguish good from evil and then condemn him because of that condition?
- Why are Christians So Stupid? - Does the Bible Teach Blind Faith? - Doesn't the Bible tell people to believe despite the evidence to the contrary?
- Doubt About God? How Jesus Responded to Doubt - When John the Baptist doubted Jesus, He gave him more evidence.
- Religion vs. IQ - Are Religious People Stupid? - Or is it really a question of GDP per capita vs. IQ?
- Why Didn't Albert Einstein Believe in a Personal God? Don't get caught up in his simple logical error.
- Why are Most Scientists Atheists If There is Evidence for Belief in God? Is their unbelief due to their intelligence, knowledge and academic studies or other factors?
- Does Analytic Thinking Threaten Belief in God?
- People of Faith - Famous Scientists - Scientists don't really believe in God, do they?
- Scientists of the Christian Faith: A Presentation of the Pioneers, Practitioners and Supporters of Modern Science Compiled by W. R. Miller (off site)
- People of Faith - Astronauts
- Christianity Aiding the Development of Science (by Ben Clausen, off site)
- Science and Faith Associations - Yes, there are scientists today who believe in God
- Reason And Faith by Van Fisher
- God and Logic (by Craig S. Hawkins, off site)
- God has Not Revealed Himself to Me, So He Must Not Exist
- 100% Convinced vs. 100% Committed - I cannot believe until I am 100% convinced! Do you use this standard for everything else you believe?
- Why Do Christians Lie So Much? Truth and Christianity Does Christianity teach that it is okay to lie to support one's faith?
- Hypocrites Defined: What About Hypocrisy in the Christian Church? If they are hypocrites, are they really Christians?
- Self-righteous Christians Defined: Is This the Norm? The Bible says that nobody can be righteous through their own self - especially Christians.
- Why are Christians So Judgmental? Doesn't the Bible Say, "Do Not Judge" Didn't Jesus tell His disciples not to judge others?
- The Threat of Radical Christianity: Christians are Involved Too Much in Politics? Do most Christians want to establish the United States as a Christian theocracy?
- Is Christianity and the Bible Too Old-Fashioned to be Relevant in Today's Society? - donkeys, fishing nets, grinding flour with stones, dirt roads - what relevance is the Bible in today's world?
- Why are Christians So Intolerant? Wasn't Jesus All Accepting? - Are Christians really intolerant or are the people who are unwilling to grant equal freedom of expression to Christian beliefs intolerant? - the real definition of "intolerance."
- False Teachings in the Bible? - Rabbits chew the cud? Insects have four legs? The Earth is flat and square? etc...
- The Bible Teaches That the Heavens Were a Solid Dome, Embedded with Stars?
- Science contradicts the biblical creation account? - Doesn't Genesis contradict modern science?
- Is the Genesis Flood Impossible? (The Genesis Flood- Why the Bible Says It Must be Local) - Doesn't the Bible say the flood covered the whole earth?
- Genesis 6-9 - The Flood - What the Hebrew really says
- Is the Biblical Flood Account a Modified Copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh? - Let's compare what each account says
- People could not live 900+ years: Long Life Spans- "Adam Lived 930 Years and Then He Died"
- Out of Africa or Out of Eden: Does Science Contradict the Bible? New data suggests an explanation for the apparent contradiction.
- Origin of First Plants on Land: Bible Said It First - Land plants appeared before sea animals, as the Bible claimed.
- No Proof for the Exodus? - The potential role of Thera and 14C dating of the destruction of Jericho
- Religion and Intelligent Design Impede Science and Close Off Inquiry? - Is the intention of intelligent design proponents to say "God did it" and stop all further scientific research?
- The Human Difference: How Humans are Unique Compared to All Other Animals - Aren't we just advanced apes?
- Mind-Body Dualism - Is the Mind Purely a Function of the Brain? - Has science has disproved the existence of the soul?
- Dinosaurs and the Bible: Why Aren't They Mentioned? - Wouldn't such awesome creatures would have been put into a creation account written by a real god?
- More science
- Answers to Biblical "Contradictions" - What about all those passages in the Bible that contradict one another?
- Eye for an Eye or Love Thy Neighbor? Are the Messages of the Old and New Testaments Different? Doesn't the Old Testament condone retribution whereas the New Testament emphasizes love?
- Doesn't Genesis One Contradict Genesis Two? - The order of creation is different. Isn't this a contradiction?
- Where Did Cain Get His Wife?: What About Inbreeding? - How did Cain find a wife when he had just killed his only sibling. If he married a sister isn't that genetically bad and against the Bible's laws against incest?
- The Mysterious Case of the Missing Q - The existence of the hypothetical "Q" document is full of misstatements, misinterpretations, faulty logic, and factual errors. (off site)
- Was Jesus Christ just a Copycat Savior Myth? An examination of the claims regarding Adonis, Baal (and Hadad), Marduk, Osiris, Tammuz/Dumuzi, Melquart, Eshmun, Mithras, Dionysos, Isis/Osirus, Buddha, Krishna, Indra, Thor, Horus, etc. by Glenn Miller, Christian ThinkTank (Introduction, Part 2)
- Walk Like an Egyptian: Comparing Osiris, Horus, and Jesus by James Patrick Holding, Tekton Apologetics Ministries.
- Mithras by Mark McFall. Examines the assertion that Christianity borrowed the resurrection myth from Mithra.
- Accept No Imitations: Did the Stories of Apollonius of Tyana Influence the Gospels? by J. P. Holding. More copycat myths.
- God Invented in the Image of Man? - Mankind does invent gods, but they are permissive and non-judgmental, not like the God of Christianity.
- No Evidence of a Spiritual Realm? - The presence of pervasive evil as an argument for the existence of the supernatural.
- Nothing Unique About the Teachings of Jesus Christ? - The radical teachings of Jesus Christ
- Atheism Test - Is strong atheism based solely on logic and knowledge?
- God of the Gaps - Do All Christian Apologetics Fall Into This Kind of Argument? - A survey of arguments reported to support the existence of God and whether they are just due to a lack of scientific knowledge.
- Invisible Pink Unicorns, Santa Claus and God - Since we cannot detect God's existence, can't we automatically assume no god exists?
- Isn't the Size of the Universe Too Large to Have Been Created by God for Humanity? Why didn't God create just one star and one planet?
- Is Christianity anti-Environmental? - "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." It is only on loan from God...
- Global Warming: Will Human-Induced Climate Change Destroy the World? Why are all the wacky Christians denying global warming? Maybe they just don't know? Global Warming Myths
- Genetically Modified Food: Is it safe to Eat Genetically Modified Crops? Why are all the wacky liberals afraid of GMO? Maybe they just don't know?
- Questions on Salvation - Is Jesus necessary? What is this gospel stuff?
- All Religions Lead to God? Can One Discern the True Religion? - Can religious truth be discerned or are we relegated to being unable to choose?
- Does God command wives to obey their husbands? by Glenn Miller (Christian ThinkTank)
- Racism in the Bible? - Doesn't the Bible condone racism and segregation?
- Does God Approve of Slavery According to the Bible? Contrary to the claims of skeptics, selling a person into slavery was punishable by death in the Old Testament
- Sexism in the Bible? Doesn't the Bible demean women and treat them as second class humans?
- Is God Male? What Does the Bible Say? - Isn't God a little old man who has male sexual organs?
- Anti-Semitism in Mel Gibson's Movie The Passion- Is the Bible Anti-Semitic? Who is really to blame for the death of Jesus?
- Harmonization of the Gospel Resurrection Texts by Anne A. Kim
- What Happened Resurrection Morning? - reconciling the four gospel accounts in a narrative style.
- Evidences for the Resurrection from Biblical Studies Foundation
- Parallel Gospels in Harmony with study guide by David A. Reed - Can the gospel accounts be read as one comprehensive account?
- Robert H. Stein, "Was the Tomb Really Empty?" Themelios 5.1 (1979): 8-12.
- Taking the "Jesus Puzzle" Apart Piece-By-Piece - A chapter by chapter rebuttal of Earl Doherty's book.
- The "Gospel of Judas": National Geographic Attacks Christianity With Biased "Research" - the National Geographic'sunscholarly attempt to promote the "Gospel of Judas" manuscript as an authentic early Christian document
- Gnosticism and the Gnostic Jesus - What about all those other "Christian" writings from the 4th century? Why were they rejected by the church? (off site) (Part 2)
- Jesus as Θεος: Scriptural Fact or Scribal Fantasy? By Brian Wright - The original Bible didn't say Jesus was God, did it?
- There is No Fine Tuning of the Universe - Victor Stenger's attempt to explain away fine tuning requires an even finer tuning of inflation.
- The Universe Just Created Itself Out of Nothing - Why Stephen Hawking is wrong about God not creating the universe.
- Atheists have Proven God Does Not Exist. Right? - Only if that god is not the God of the Bible
- Religion is the Cause of All (Most) of the World's Problems - Religion is not even close to being the leading cause suffering in the world. In fact, atheists have been responsible for most of it within the last 100 years.
- Religion and War: Are Most Wars the Result of Religious Belief? - Religion is implicated in less than 7% of all wars over the entire written history of mankind.
- Is Christianity a Made-up Myth Written by the Disciples? - Now really - would the disciples write about all their shortcomings, make the Christian church into a female, design heaven with no sex in it, and say that they were going to be married to Jesus inheaven? I don't know about you guys, but this is not what I would have written if I had made up the Bible!
- Paul Invented Christianity? Is the Founder of the Christian Religion Paul of Tarsus or Jesus of Nazareth? All Paul's core teachings were also taught by Jesus and the disciples, and are even found in the Old Testament.
- Did Jesus exist? By Bart D. Ehrman. Even agnostic anti-theist Bart Ehrman says that Jesus really lived in the first century. The "Christ myth" belief is really an atheistic myth.
- Misquoting Jesus: Does Bart Ehrman Prove the New Testament is Corrupt? - Contrary to Ehrman's claims, the New Testament canon was established in the early second century, and scribal errors/changes did not affect any significant Christian doctrine.
- The Christian Church Was Never Really Persecuted - Were all the reported persecutions of Christians were made up by the Christian church?
- The Bible Has Been Changed Over the Centuries From the Original? - Sorry, the manuscript evidence doesn't support this idea at all.
- Jesus Christ as God and the Trinity Was Not Invented Until the Fourth Century? Contrary to the claims of The Da Vinci Code, even secular sources indicate that Christians worshipped Jesus Christ as God no later than 113 A.D.
- Are the Old Testament Laws a Copy of the Code of Hammurabi? - Not even close!
- Is the Biblical Flood Account a Modified Copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh? - Let's compare what each account says
- This Joyful Eastertide: A Critical Review of The Empty Tomb (2006) - Has the resurrection been proven false? (2.7 MB )
- The Universe Just Happened Without Any Need For a Designer - For all those who expect to win at lotto!
- There is No Evidence For the Fine Tuning of the Universe - The cosmological constant (dark energy) shows this belief to be false
- "The Lost Tomb of Jesus": Have the Bones of Jesus Christ Been Found? Only if Jesus had his ossuary inscribed when He was 2 years old!
- Omnipotence is Logically Impossible? Atheists attempt to define God out of existence through illogical arguments
- The Universe is Eternal - Contrary to atheist's claims, the majority of scientists state as fact that the universe had a beginning.
- Only Stupid People Believe in God - A large number of famous scientists believed in God, many being devout Christians
- The Roman Catholic Church's Condom Policy is Responsible For the Spread of HIV and the AIDS Crisis in Africa - Actually, HIV infection rates are lower in Catholic-dominated countries!
- The Myth of the Flat Earth by Jeffrey Burton Russell - The "history" that Christians taught a flat earth was not invented until the 19th century. (off site)
- The Bible Says Hell is a Place Located Under the Earth - Skeptics don't cite the verses that clearly show that those "hell" verses really refer to the grave. Yes, the grave is under the earth!
- People are Basically Good - Proof to the Contrary
- Jesus didn't really die on the Cross? - The old swoon theory doesn't hold up to historical/medical reality.
- Hitler was a Christian? - This seems like a no brainer, but there are free-thinkers who think he was. (off site)
- Are Atheists and Theists Morally Equivalent? Aren't atheists morally superior to theists?
- Atheism Doesn't Lead to Immoral Behavior - Or Does It? In theory it doesn't, but in practice...
- Does Atheism (Determinism) Negatively Impact Morality? - Scientists manipulate belief in determinism, which negatively influences moral behavior
- Atheism and Humanism Provide Hope for the Future - The ultimate "hope" of atheism is eternal entropy as the universe loses all ability to perform work, and all life, consciousness, and knowledge is eternally destroyed.
- The Gospels Are So Contradictory They Make No Sense - Every gospel verse arranged as one comprehensive account of the ministry of Jesus.
- The Bible Teaches a Flat Earth Covered by a Solid Dome
- Did God have a wife named Asherah? - Yes, Asherah was worshipped in Israel, but she wasn't God's wife - we are.
- Book Review: The Evolution of God by Robert Wright - Is Wright right about God being a minor deity who rose to power later?
- Teaching Religion to Children is a Form of Child Abuse? Dawkins's hypothesis is falsified.
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion Chapter 1: A deeply religious non believer - Deception, lies, and misrepresentations.
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion Chapter 2: The God Hypothesis - Failure to support debunked assertions, quoting out-of-context, and a desire to escape moral accountability.
- Debunking Dawkins: The God Delusion Chapter 4: Why There Almost Certainly Is No God - Richard Dawkins' Ultimate Boeing 747 argument is shown to be formally fallacious.
- The Power of Atheism to Change Lives - Crazy title, isn't it?
- Scientific Evidence for Answered Prayer - Double blind, scientific studies validate the efficacy of Christian intercessory prayer.
- Prayer and Faith vs. Doctors and Medicine
- Why Won't God Heal Amputees? Did Jesus perform miracles or were they just made-up myths?
- Prayer for Healing: What Does Science Say? Before and after measurements of the effect of prayer on visual and auditory healing.
- Scientific Studies that Show a Positive Effect of Religion on Health - Public and private religious activities significantly improve health and extend longevity in dozens of scientific studies.
- No Evidence of a Spiritual Realm? - The presence of evil as an argument for the existence of the supernatural.
- A Case of Demonic Possession By Richard E. Gallagher, M.D.
- Testimony of Darrell Scott before the House Judiciary Committee - The testimony of the father of Rachel Scott, one of the victims of the Columbine High School shooting.
- Why Do You Fear Death? If we are just animals and there is no afterlife, why should you fear death?... unless Christianity is true and judgment awaits.
- Near death, explained—New science is shedding light on what really happens during out-of-body experience—with shocking results - I have been a skeptic for quite a while. However, it seems pretty clear that NDE's are more than just a brain deprived of oxygen. (offsite)
- Truth of the Bible
- Archeology and the Bible
- Recommended Resources-Books- Apologetics - Sources of more information.
- More Questions: Science and the Bible Forum - A quarterly open forum where you can bring your best questions to stump us dumb Christians!
- Apologetics Links - Yes there are other rational Christian sites all over the Web.
- Bogus and Refuted 'Christian' Apologetics - Don't believe everything you see on "Christian" sites.
- New Age Spirituality - An Examination of Beliefs
- Book Review: The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief - Does Francis Collins present compelling evidence for belief in a personal God?
- Book Review: Why We Believe What We Believe: Uncovering Our Biological Need for Meaning, Spirituality, and Truth by Andrew Newburg