- The individual is merely an illusory facet of the collective.
- Self-interest, meaning concern with one's own well-being, is immoral.
- The pursuit of one's own happiness is petty and superficial.
- Submitting one's mind to the collective will is true morality.
- The future belongs to those who accept the trajectory of History, which is progressively dissolving all distinctions between nations, between men, between man and woman, adult and child, reason and feeling, as we flow together in History's current toward a kaleidoscopic dream of collective self-creation, guided by the unlimited State.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/03/progressivism_vs_the_pursuit_of_happiness.htmlTherefore the last and perfect happiness, which we await in the life to come, consists entirely in contemplation [of the divine essence]. But imperfect happiness, such as can be had here, consists first and principally, in an activity of the practical intellect directing human actions and passions.... [Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica, Treatise on the Last End, Question 3]